This weeks development
So its been a week since the last update, and its overdue for a new post.
Since the last blogpost, we have made some progress:
- Added basic human NPC behaviour
- Added basic mission functionality
- Added stamina functionality
- Zombies now follow you if you have the flashlight on within their sight range.
- Zombies now hear you shooting if within their range, and moves towards the position the shot was fired
On the more organizational side, the team as a whole has also agreed upon some basic functionality that is to be implemented:
- Art style
All of these will be more fleshed out in the future, but we have a foundation to build upon.
So, whats next?
In the short term, we will focus on these tasks:
- Continue on improving the AI
- Improve shooting mechanics
- Make physics feel ‘right’
- Create a new starting scene with homemade models, fitting to the new setting we agreed upon.